UK Book Promotion Executive
Remote (UK only; Office in Nottingham UK), Full-Time (part time considered for candidates with the right experience)
As a global leader in board and card games, Asmodee’s success comes from our two strong pillars: publishing studios & distribution networks. From this powerful core of the games business, we transform high-potential stories into iconic IPs and fantastic opportunities for consumer products.
The newest division of the Asmodee Group, Asmodee Entertainment’s mission is to extend Asmodee’s leading intellectual properties into TV/film, book and comics publishing, location based-entertainment, interactive games under license and consumer products, working in parallel with our board game and digital divisions. We are a small, fast moving and expert team based in Nottingham, UK and with key staff in France and the USA too.
This role is for a motivated and effective UK-based colleague who will organise social media, publicity, and sales/marketing material for titles publishing through the book trade and games trade channels. This valued person will help build buzz for each title, backed up by accurate and timely book data and copy. Based in the UK, this role requires regular communication with UK and US readers and sales partners, to deliver our promotional plans for a busy schedule of releases.
What does this role involve?
UK & US PROMOTIONS – Publicize our books
- Collaborate with US colleagues: Work with the US Sales Director and US Publicity Coordinator to ensure the external social media and publicity needs are properly integrated and delivered across the team.
- Develop and coordinate social media posts: Create and post all Aconyte-driven social media posts including cover reveals, announcements, interviews, etc. Work with the US Publicity Coordinator to repost content from partners, reviewers and fans where appropriate.
- Create newsletters & web copy: Help generate smart and effective promotional materials aimed at fans and partners, including our regular newsletters and web pages.
- Oversee/Lead copywriting: Ensure all publicity materials, both physical and digital, succeed in selling the qualities of the relevant books. Ensure book data is accurate and available to deadline.
- Author liaison: Work with authors to identify key promotional channels, plan launch activities, and support their efforts.
UK MARKETING SUPPORT – Help our sales partners sell our books
- Know the books: Understand the Aconyte brands and book ranges, based in the worlds both of Asmodee properties and third-party licenses.
- Understand booktrade processes: Including the sales cycles, conferences, and selling-in periods.
- Coordinate with UK sales partners: Ensure that our UK sales partners have everything they need to hit sales targets, in an organised and timely manner: advance title information (TIs), key selling points, and promotion plans.
- Coordinate with our IP partners: Support Asmodee, Ubisoft and Marvel marketing teams with data, information and the sharing of promotional plans, so they can promote Aconyte titles based on their worlds through their promotional channels.
- Attend consumer and trade events: Help represent the book ranges at appropriate book-specific events and selected games hobby events – mostly in the UK but there may be European and US travel opportunities too.
REPORTING – Integrate with and report back to the wider team
- Feed back to the team: Report back on promotional activity and opportunities to the Aconyte sales & marketing team in regular monthly meetings. Report monthly on number of unique users of our website, social media channels, newsletter.
- Integrated Aconyte department member: Work closely with the editors and other Asmodee Entertainment colleagues, contribute to strategic discussions and creative ideas, and generally be a part of the team.
- Other relevant duties: As requested.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive, hands-on owner of key relationships – delivers what is best for Aconyte in a friendly and confident manner, a trusted partner but never a pushover.
- An ambitious and confident goal-setter – identifies opportunities to promote books, takes responsibility for what can be achieved, agrees plans with colleagues, and delivers them.
- Articulate and creative – able to express oneself well, write good copy, and not afraid to offer imaginative ideas when necessary.
- Organised – adept at building clear timetables and action plans and cutting through the detail to complete all tasks to deadline.
- Experience of fiction marketing, promotion and publicity – ideally at least two years.
- Knowledgeable about the UK and US book and games markets as of 2022.
- Social media user: experienced with Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook, plus a selection of software applications to assist with those channels
- MS Office experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Marketing systems: hands-on experience of marketing trackers, databases, NetGalley and Edelweiss very welcome.
We would consider offering part time hours (minimum 25 a week) for a candidate who has all the relevant experience for the role.
Why join the Asmodee Group?
We offer a great opportunity to learn and develop in a growing company working with brilliant people and products. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a great benefits package including 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays) and staff discount on all our products!
How do I apply?
If you would like to express an interest in this role then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining who you are and why you want this job. Please attach your CV and covering letter in your application.
Closing date: 31 December 2022
Asmodee is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and fairness of treatment in the workplace for all employees and job applicants. Our aim is to provide a working environment in which people feel comfortable and where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
You can find Asmodee Entertainment here: https://asmodee-entertainment.biz/